Steph

Monday, July 26, 2010

I got lost in Adoption Land

I haven't written in a while. I got lost in Adoption Land. It is confusing in here sometimes. Like a maze, or a repeating loop of some kind. Get up, check for email contacts, from all those people reading my classified ads, clicking on my facebook ads, hearing about the website, reading my blog, googling. Nope. Check 800 number voicemail. Zippy. Check my website stats. Yes people are visiting. About half stay less than 5 seconds. Was it something I said? The other half look around and disappear, like ghosts. Check the website. Looks fine. Check Facebook. A new fan. Nice. Call the 800 number. Yes it works. Repeat.

Okay, so I got a little disappointed when I thought we had a lead and it went away. I didn't want to get my hopes up and said to myself and others I was not getting my hopes up becuase that would be silly and premature and certainly uncalled for in Adoption Land where everyone knows you can't go around getting your hopes up. Need I go on? I think not.

But guess what happened today. You'll never guess so I'll have to tell you. The 800 number rang and I kid you not, they guy was looking for a Bed Bug exterminator. Yes you read that right. He said he googled Bed Bugs Hayward (his town) and got my number. So I googled it and got my 800 number. I'm thinking of learning a little about bed bugs and giving advice over the phone. My advice would be "burn your mattress, and pillows, and probably the carpet and maybe your house."

Well, "Good night. Don't let the bed bugs bite."

No comments:

Post a Comment