Steph

Monday, July 5, 2010

Welcome to Adoption Land!

Since embarking on the adoption journey, it has become clear that we have entered a whole new world. There is a new language, culture, and legal system. And there is that surreal, jet-lagged feeling you have, realizing you have travelled a long way and are now in new territory.

It has been an interesting journey, which started in the back of my imagination when I was a tired second year resident in my medical training. I was working at the VA hospital in Washington DC and I typed "adoption" into my computer. I surfed around the web, sent away for some information, but I was in medical training, working all the time, sleeping at the hospital, and so it seemed impossible.

Now, several years later, I am in Adoption Land. There is no where else in the world I want to be right now.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the land of adoption! You are in for quite a wild ride, hang on!

    ReplyDelete